FL

I have to choose between a cemented implant crown or a screw retained one. cement under gum = boils and bone loss. screw type is more money. how much?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial 46 years experience
Dentist choice: Screw retained generally better. Skill and technique of dentist very important. Don't look for the cheapest solution.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 42 years experience
Screw retained: Screw retained is becoming the treatment of choice. Even with upper front teeth we have a new system to offer this even if the implant cannot be ideally placed for standard screw retained crown. I do not charge any more for screw retained. Usually what you would pay for the extra in one evens out as you don't need the abutment for the other.Ask about the lab being used and the quality/type crown.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Screw if possible: Even if you have a cemented crown, there will be no cement under the gumline... it will all be removed at the time of cementation. Can't imagine why a screw retained crown is more expensive, unless the restorative dentist is using a prefabricated post and the lab is charging him/her for a routine crown. Since I have everything custom made on implants, I charge the same.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017