FL

i can save a lot of money by having a general dentist install dental implants and not my present periodontist who just did 2 bone grafts. any advice?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Go for it: If the general dentist has the experience and skills to perform the procedure, why not? I am a general dentist and have been placing implants myself since 1989.. I've placed over 1000 implants and have made many, many patients comfortable and happy. I give the patient the option to see a surgeon if they wish; only a handful in close to 30 years opted for the surgeon. It's all in the relationship
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry 30 years experience
Best, Not Cheapest: You are not buying a pair of jeans or shoes...it doesn't matter where you get those..they're interchangeable. You are having surgery! Cost should not be your deciding factor. Chose the person whom you trust most and who will get you the best result. The one with the most experience and expertise. This is not the time to save $. Your health and future are at stake. 2 choices = 2 different outcomes.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Choose quality: Dental treatment is a service, not a commodity.Choose the best treatment you can find for best treatment results. Treatment decision based on cost alone may turn out in the long run to be more costly. Choose the practitioner that has the mot training and experience, that has placed the most implants. There's a time for treatment by a generalist, and a time for treatment by a specialist.

Last updated Dec 7, 2018