Cincinnati, OH

I am wearing one newer (3 years old) and one older orthotic that my podiatrist had made. i have had severe pain in the foot with the newer orthotic. ?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 46 years experience
Not the Same.: The orthotics are different enough to effectively cause a change in the foot function in the one with the newer orthotic. This change has stressed the foot and now it is responding. I suppose you have a good reason to be wearing two different orthotics, but this practice is asking for trouble. Have your podiatrist check the newer one and put you on the right road to recovery.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 18, 2015