San Leandro, CA

I have been living with ankle strain for 1 week. went to podiatrist, got new temporary orthotics and i feel that my ankles are used to the old ones.

Dr. Mansoor Jatoi
Your body will tell: Use a device that will make you feel the most comfortable. Know that ankle injuries can take 4-6 weeks to heal, do your best to rest it, keep it elevated, ice it for no more than 15 minutes at a time to decrease inflammation of the joint, and let it heal on it's own time. The more you attempt to use that joint, the more you will prolong the healing process. Good luck in your healing process!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Raymond Schneider
48 years experience
Well I don't see a s: Generally and musculoskeletal injury is going to take at least three weeks or more to get better. So having an injury for one week is almost next to nothing. You may feel that your feet are used to the old orthotics however that doesn't mean that is good. Orthotics can wear out depending on age, activity, and weight change. Your old orthotics may have partially contributed to your injury. Go back and talk to your podiatrist.
Last updated Apr 26, 2015