Norfolk, VA

Is it okay for my flonase spray to hit my middle nose septum if it's red or swollen or is it just best to use a saline spray to help with that..

Dr. Steven Kmucha
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 38 years experience
Ideally, no.: Please read the package insert provided with the medication. The spray should not be sprayed toward the midline, the anatomic location of the nasal septum. Spray should be directed in an outward direction (i.e. about 30 degrees from the midline OR toward the outer corner of the eye). This avoids spraying the medication on the septum.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 23, 2018