Norfolk, VA

I accidentally sprayed nasal steroid meds on my nasal septum in my left nostril & it was red & swollen what should i do for this or jus leave it alon?

Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
It is ok: Nasal steroids can have the unfortunate side effect of thinning out the mucosal tissue on the septum and increasing risk of nose bleeds. Sounds like you are doing an overall GREAT job of guiding the spray away from the septum where possible. If irritation/bleeding occur, stopping the medication in that nostril for a few days is enough to allow healing to occur; but not necessary for redness only
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 4, 2020