A back tooth can have 3 tooth roots. So, the dental implant itself is one "root" for that tooth replacement?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience in Dentistry
Exactly: For that reason, if the implants being placed are short it is often suggested that TWO implants be placed to replace that missing molar. It all depends on the bite, opposing dentition, occlusal forces, etc. Yes, it adds to the total cost of your care, but you're also getting a stronger and physiologically equivalent result. Consider it. Wider implants can be used if there is bone volume.
Answered on May 24, 2015
1