U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I recently had a ct scan and it came back that i have scattered diverticula. and a collapsed tranverse colon with no blockage..how. worried should i b?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Two problems: The diverticuli are common and called diverticulosis. It is a problem if they get inflamed or if they rupture. The collapsed transverse colon depends on the reason for the collapse. It can be a normal or a problem. You need to discuss with your physicians and your gastroentrologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 31, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.