U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 23-year-old male asked:

Cortisol causes bone resorption, would it resorb my cheekbone implants made from rib cartilage?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctoranswered
Endocrinology 53 years experience
Rib: You should see the doctor who did the cheekbone implants and see if there is any change. A baseline bone density study would be in order but you would only need worry about your bones if the density T-score is more than -2.5.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 9, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.