A member asked:

I'm 19 year old male. 5'8 240 pounds and i have trouble losing weight. i have tried diets but none seem to work. are there any pills that can help me?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Stephen Southard answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

"Pills", as there are short term fixes - at best - that can't replace optimizing your eating habits. Remember, it's not just what you eat, it's how much you eat too. It sounds like you really need to sit down with a nutritionist to help create meal plans that are feasible and sustainable for you in the long run. Again, please don't get caught up in the quest for a "pill cure".

Answered Jan 26, 2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor