Kuwait

I just had my lower wisdom tooth extracted last night, it took 30 minutes for my dentist to remove.now my gums is swelling what will i do?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Normal? call DDS: That's not an unreasonable amount of time, but depends upon the difficulty of the extraction and the level of skill of the dentist. It's normal to expect some swelling. Follow your dentist's written or oral instructions and call the dentist if you are still concerned.
Dr. Sami Latif
Dentistry 38 years experience
Dry socket : Time is a healer , you have to follow your doctor post op instructions , hope you have one , take your anti biotic and the Motrin 600-800 mg if you are not already on it, rinses start with warm salt water three to four times daily , avoid chewing on that side , the possibilities of dry socket is high . If pain persist go back and see your dentists.
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Buianswered
Dentistry 24 years experience
Part of healing: Controlled swelling is a necessary part of healing, since it mobilized all the inflammatory cells to regulate healings. Vascular genesis with new capillary cells help bring mesenchymal cells to the area. Infection, however, should be avoided. If pain begins in day 3 (when infection usually starts), see your dentist for possible dry socket.

Last updated Sep 8, 2019