accidentally took wrong high blood pressure pill 100mg metoprolol at 500am this morning instead of my hydrochlorthyazide 25mg pill what shti do?

Dr. John Garner
Cardiology 16 years experience
Be Smart: You'll probably be all right. The metoprolol will wear off within 12 hours (24 hours if it's toprol xl or Metoprolol Succinate instead of tartrate) and it's extremely unlikely to cause serious problems if all you took was one. Pick up the correct regimen tomorrow. That said, usual disclaimers: my advice here is generic and not specific to your case, and you should see an er if you have symptoms.