how do i kniw if my newborn is sick ?

Dr. Charlene Sojico
Cries a lot: Your baby will cry a lot, fussy restless , wanting to be held all the time.Sleeping a lot, may or may not have a fever, not eating or throwing up, irritable and unconsolable.
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Fever, fussy: A newborn baby may have a fever (temp of 100.4 or higher) as a sign of illness. Irritability, poor feeding, poor sleep, or even lethargy could be a symptom. Severe cough or labored breathing could be due to a respiratory infection. Vomiting or diarrhea may be a sign of a gastrointestinal infection or food allergy. When in doubt, it's best to call your doctor if your baby is not acting him/herself.