U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

I ate some questionable food. my stomach hurts now. what could it be? would tums (calcium carbonate) help?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Farshad Fani Marvasti
Family Medicine 15 years experience
Stomach indigestion: You may have indigestion or acid reflux or a food allergy or early food poising symptoms from what you ate. You can always try tums, zantac, (ranitidine) Prilosec or any other over the counter acid reflux medications which could be helpful. If you notice this recurring with a pattern you should talk to your doctor.
Last updated Feb 17, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.