IL
A male asked:

A green liquid had been coming out of my gum since april 2012. my dentist told me just to keep brushing my teeth. i amafraid germs have made resistance. what do i do?

Dr. Norman Cohen
Anesthesiology 36 years experience
Possible infection: Green discharge from the gums is a possible sign of infection. You may want to get a second opinion. Germs may be resistant to antibiotics, but if you haven't been on antibiotics, a course of treatment with antibiotics may be indicated.
Dr. Franklin Allen
Dentistry 13 years experience
Infection: Green liquid is likely pus. Pus means infection. You will need a root canal, perio treatment, an extraction or maybe a combination of these treatments. See a qualified dentist and soon.
Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Cosmetic Dentistry 50 years experience
Soft Brush in Circle: 1) use a soft manual toothbrush. 2) place the brush where the teeth and the gum join together. 3) move the brush in circles. 4) do all teeth this way on the face side and the tongue side. 5) initially the gum may bleed because you are cleaning out an open sore, however this bleeding will stop and the tissue will now begin to heal. 6) follow up with a water pik spraying water in circles same places.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 34 years experience
Find a new dentist: Green liquid (probably pus from an infection) coming out of your gum is not normal or healthy. Any dentist who has told you to just keep up normal brushing and has not actively treated the problem has missed something. It s past time that you get a second opinion and get this problem treated properly.

Last updated Jul 31, 2015