United Kingdom

28 male smoker raised bumps on hard palate tiny red dots in rough texture appearance red and white pigments any ideas. not sore or painfull?

Dr. James Goodpaster
Dentistry 29 years experience
Nicotine Stomatitis: All tissues will respond to repeated attacks by mounting a defense. Smoking exposes the mouth to heat, the chemicals and the vapors of burning tobacco & can cause changes in the appearance. These changes can indicate the beginnings of oral cancer or be completely benign. Only a dentist can tell for sure and may reccommend a biopsy of the area to be certain so you need to have it checked right away.
Dr. Jatin Shah
Dr. Jatin Shah commented
Dentistry 39 years experience
It gives you a sign that please stop smoking
Mar 8, 2013
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dentistry 32 years experience
Stomatitis: Likely an inflammatory reaction to the combination of irritants in tobacco smoke. Google it for pictures to compare. Recommendation: you already know that smoking is not healthy and can cause cancer. You are lucky that your body's first alert is a benign one. Do you really want to chance a malignant one? One can never know how much it takes to cause cancer. See dentist and pcp for cessation tips.
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Buianswered
Dentistry 23 years experience
Erythroplakia: Chronic irritation by smoking leads to tissue change from leukoplakia to erythroplakia, then acanthoma and carcinoma in situ. Please stop smoking as we located erythroplakia, a red patch with rough texture and cannot wiped off.
Dr. Jeffrey Gitelman
Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Nicotine stomatitis: Could be nicotine stomatitis- a benign entity-but should see specialist for conformation