My tongue has lost some skin at the tip it stings when i have certain foods drinks or sweets it looks like i but myself and painful at times what i do?

Dr. Mohammad Al-Asadi
Dentistry 23 years experience
Bite?: If you know it's a bite for sure, use warm salt water rinses. That will help keep the area clean, and will will help reduce your pain. If you're not sure how this problem developed, visit your dentist for an evaluation.
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry 31 years experience
See a Dentist: It sounds like you may have an oral habit which is irritating the tip of your tongue...Such as rubbing it against your teeth or biting on it during sleep. However, there are many serious conditions which could have similar symptoms. The only way to find out for sure is to see a dentist/oral surgeon for a professional opinion. If it's not gone in 3 weeks, assume it's dangerous and get it checked!
Dr. Ladan Zinati
Dentistry 29 years experience
Burned it: You may have eaten something hot and burned your tongue. Give it a couple of weeks and see if it goes away, if not consult your dentist right away.

Last updated Jul 19, 2013