What to do when tongue skin is peeled off at the tip and has made a obvious dent that stings when i have certain foods/drinks it is redish colour?

Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 34 years experience
See your dentist: I would get to your dentist asap. He\she will determine what course of action you should follow.
Dr. Leon F. Gerard
Dentistry 40 years experience
Sounds like a cut: Perhaps u accidentally bit or cut ur tongue on something - that's what it sounds like to me b/c the tongue doesn't have any "skin": it's all muscle. If this is the case, it's normal for the cut to sting when u expose it to alcohol or acidic foods. There's not much u need do or can do for it: tongues heal v. Quickly. Try rinsing w/ hot salt water or a bit of hydrogen peroxide or use a q-tip dipped.

Last updated Feb 24, 2013