FL

I have an extremely painful skin tag underneath my tongue. what is it and how do i get rid of it? i can barely talk, drink, or eat because it is very painful?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
It is difficult to diagnose exactly what is under your tongue without visualization. If an inflamed salivary duct, it may be because it is blocked or it is getting caught in between your lower anterior teeth. Please see your dentist for a proper diagnosis.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
You are asking for symptomatic relief when a better solution would be determining and eliminating the cause. May be due to salivary gland duct stone, trauma, anatomic anomaly, neoplasm, microbes, burn, tooth abscess, gum abscess, chemical insult, etc. Please see a Dentist to determine the cause of your swelling/pain and the appropriate treatment.
Last updated Apr 10, 2022