U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Blountville, TN
A 17-year-old female asked:

I have a big bump on my shin similar to a pimple. the skin on it is peeling, and it's tender to the touch. is this something i should get checked?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Grobman
Orthopedic Surgery 42 years experience
Yes: Could be an abscess or a cyst..Needs attention.
Dr. Michael Bryan
Dermatology 33 years experience
Boils: Yes! sounds like a boil. Boils are often staph infections. It should be seen. Possible treatments include antibiotics and/or draining the lesion.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.