I had a big pimple that i didn't get fully popped a few months ago. i noticed that the skin healed over the leftover puss, leaving a bump on my neck. now, the bump has become tender. i've been popping it like a pimple every few hours, but can't seem to ev

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Daniel Allen answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

That sounds like an infected sebaceous cyst. You will need to see your primary care doctor and he or she can remove it with a simple in office surgery. It will not go away until the cyst sac is removed. I suggest getting in as soon as possible to avoid any further infection risk.

Answered Jan 5, 2019

3k views