MO

I had a big pimple that i didn't get fully popped a few months ago. i noticed that the skin healed over the leftover puss, leaving a bump on my neck. now, the bump has become tender. i've been popping it like a pimple every few hours, but can't seem to ev

Dr. Daniel Allen
Please be seen: That sounds like an infected sebaceous cyst. You will need to see your primary care doctor and he or she can remove it with a simple in office surgery. It will not go away until the cyst sac is removed. I suggest getting in as soon as possible to avoid any further infection risk.
Dr. Jeremy Porter
I & D: If you cannot express enough fluid to keep this wound from continuing to drain, you'll likely need to have this lesion incised and drained by a medical professional. Go to your PCP or your local urgent care to have this taken care of. It may not get better without medical intervention and/or an antibiotic. Good luck!

Last updated Jan 5, 2019