Is one method of making foot orthotics (eg computer, cast) more effective than another?

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
Depends: It depends on what lab you are talking to. I have not found much difference in technique as long as the mold is done properly at the doctors office.
Dr. Robert Conenello
Sports Medicine 31 years experience
No: Absolutely not. More importantly is whether your physician wrote the proper prescription for your pathology.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 35 years experience
Orthotics: If the prescription is correct it doesn't really matter . I find casting with biofoam very effective and a time saver for patients as well as myself. These negatives then go to the lab for plaster of paris filling to make the positive from which the orthotics are made.

Last updated Dec 13, 2013