U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Muskego, WI
A 28-year-old male asked:

I was recently diagnosed with "cavus deformity of foot/unspecified laterality." would dr. scholl's orthotics work or do i need more specialized ones?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
High arch: Cavus foot is just another way to say you have a high arch in your foot. In a sense, it is the opposite of having a flat foot. You may or not have problems with it. If it is severe, it can sometimes be associated with other conditions. Don't hesitate to be seen for it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 39-year-old member asked:
What is the treatment for flat feet if custom orthotics do not work?
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
Do custom in-shoe orthotics work well for acquired flat feet (valgus)?
4 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A member asked about a 23-year-old female:
What types of orthotics or foot care would work best for my fiance's foot structure? She is having foot pain.
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jun 18, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.