U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

My knee has been hurting when i bend it, walk, and run. this has been going on for 2 weeks what is wrong?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Connie Topliff
Family Medicine, Board Certified 30 years experience
Hard to say: Have a doc check you. Several things it could be-strain in the ligaments or tendons, a torn meniscus, arthritis. Need to see pcp who can ask more about the problem, and do an exam. If no contraindications, take some Ibuprofen as directed & try an ice pack on it, as well as resting it & wrapping it w ace wrap. These may help it feel better & the doc will be interested if any of these help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 4, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.