I have a pain in my knee and whenever i put weight or walk on my leg the pain flares up . what do i do to heal it i was playing soccer and i had hit it harder and my leg started to hurt. that was 3 weeks ago and now that i have to run now its going to be

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. John O'Kane answered

Specializes in Sports Medicine

In the setting of an acute injury, the inability to bear weight (walk) without significant pain is a possible symptom of a fracture, ligament tear (especially if the knee is unstable), bruise of the joint surface, or meniscal tear. Swelling of the joint is an additional symptom that would increase the likelihood of a more significant injury. These symptoms following injury should be evaluated by your sports physician.

Answered Oct 3, 2016

5.4k views