I have a pain in my knee and whenever i put weight or walk on my leg the pain flares up . what do i do to heal it i was playing soccer and i had hit it harder and my leg started to hurt. that was 3 weeks ago and now that i have to run now its going to be

Dr. John O'Kane
Sports Medicine 29 years experience
In : In the setting of an acute injury, the inability to bear weight (walk) without significant pain is a possible symptom of a fracture, ligament tear (especially if the knee is unstable), bruise of the joint surface, or meniscal tear. Swelling of the joint is an additional symptom that would increase the likelihood of a more significant injury. These symptoms following injury should be evaluated by your sports physician.
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
See your doctor: You seem to lead a very active lifestyle. With a history of knee injury, you should see an orthopedist for evaluation and treatment. This will help guide your recovery and return to activity.
Last updated Oct 14, 2017