U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 52-year-old male asked:

I have high bilirubin in the blood what could be the reason aother then the possibility of hepatitis and should i stop alcohol?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 34 years experience
Liver: I would recommend stopping alcohol & repeating the liver function tests, under supervision of your primary care doc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.