Hereford, TX

After i brushed my teeth i noticed some red spots around my canine on my upper and lower gums. what can it be? it doesn't hurt & it's not swollen.

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry 9 years experience
Abrasion : It could be an abrasion from either a new sharp bristled tooth brush or using a highly abrasive tooth past.Agressive brushing also add to that.
Dr. Andrew Rutman
Dentistry 39 years experience
See your dentist: See your dentist and let them evaluate the problem. It could be periodontal disease which many times is "silent" and the patient is unaware of the problem. The dentist should be able to diagnose it.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Red spots: Not enough room here to list all the causes of red spots. Please see your Dentist, especially if red spotslast longer than 2 weeks, to begin the diagnostic process.

Last updated Jan 5, 2019