South Africa

What is the cause of cracks in the corner of my mouth and sore swollen gums with red spots inside my mouth?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Angular Cheilitis: You may be suffering from angular cheilitis, which can be fungal or idiopathic in nature, or even a result of a nutrient deficiency. Not sure if the gingival issues are related, but a visit to your dentist and/or physician should provide you with additional guidance and treatment.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Multiple symptoms: Cracks in corners of mouth may be angular chelitis which seems to respond to B-complex therapy. Swollen gums w red spots may be a separate and distinct problem. Please see your Dentist for evaluation and treatment.

Last updated Apr 29, 2018