Needing expert help. i have swollen red gums with tiny white spots below my teeth. is it oral cancer?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Ask your dentist: I doubt that it is cancer. Cancer is a growth which can be seen or felt as a lump of flesh which is new and not supposed to be present normally in an organ like gums.You should get a medical check up to remove any doubts.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Unlikely, but: Unlikely but: See oral surgeon or ENT doc if you have any of these symptoms: Persistent mouth sore, persistent mouth pain, a lump or thickening in the cheek, a white/red patch on the gums, tongue, tonsil, or lining of the mouth, a sore throat, hoarseness or feeling that something is caught in the throat that does not go away, difficulty swallowing/chewing.

Last updated Aug 5, 2017