U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old female asked:

I have sores all over my mouth, but mostly on my inner upper and lower lip. they look a lot like koplik's spots, ie small white sores in large clusters surrounded by red. (i can provide a picture.) my mouth hurts and gums bleed. what's going on?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
2 problems: Sores and bleeding gums. Sores may be from hermetic infection, canker sores, or other lesions. Bleeding gums probably due to bacterial infection. Please, you need to see a Dentist for proper diagnosis and treatment. Probably can't fix both problems with just a pill, poultice, or mouth rinse. You will need hands-on dental care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 1, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.