A member asked:

I am experiencing stiffness in my knees when bending the dr said have a tear in the meniscus. does this require a special treatment?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Sireesha Vemuri answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Arthroscopic repair: Most meniscsl tears require physical therapy and arthroscopic repair ... Pain medications or antiinflammatories will only provide temporary relief of symptoms but don't fix the problem.

Answered 12/10/2015


Dr. Mark Hutchinson answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Depends: There have been a couple of good studies which suggest if you ali have arthritis then arthroscopy won't help. However most surgeons believe if you are having mechanical popping or locking that you would probably benefit with an arthroscopy.

Answered 1/6/2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question