I have a meniscus tear in my knee and i started physical therapy, any workouts to suggest?

Dr. Kevin Stone
Specializes in Sports Medicine
Rehabilitation: Saving the meniscus is always our first priority. If exercising with a torn meniscus then the bike and the pool are usually the safest.
Dr. Tal David
Orthopedic Surgery 28 years experience
Mensicus: Your meniscus is unlikely to heal because of its poor blood supply. Most tears can become somewhat asymptomatic in inactive individuals but few likely heal. Having said that, the type of physical therapy you do has not been shown to have any effect on your functional outcome.
Last updated Oct 26, 2016