United Kingdom

I have a small bump pea sized on my gum below my lower front teeth tongue side. it has been there for well over a month now and im scared any ideas?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Yes: If it's hard, it might be what we call a torus, which is benign and merely excess bone. Very often people have it for years and never realize it until they run their tongue over it. However, if might also be an infection. This needs to be diagnosed with a one on one personal exam and perhaps an x-ray. See your dentist for an accurate diagnosis, and treatment if indicated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 42 years experience
Blocked duct: It might be a blocked salivary duct, if it is under the tongue. If it is on the gums, it might be an abscess. In either case, 1 month is a long time, and you must get in to see your dentist for evaluation and treatment. Do not wait any longer. Good luck.
Last updated Apr 19, 2015