Hillsboro, OR

I am hypothyroid over 30 years. on 200mcg levothyroxine and tsh is .4 and t4 and ft3 are normal. still gaining lots of weight and extremely exhausted ?

Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine 24 years experience
Check RT3: Check free T3 and reverse t3. Very important to check reverse t3. Ft3 should be in upper range and rt3 in lower range. If your ratio is off, you may need Armour Thyroid or t3, and synthroid (thyroxine) would be the wrong med for you.
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Hashimoto's ?: Is this primary or secondary hypothyroidism? Do you have hashimoto's thyroiditis? Your weight gain not likely the result of thyroid hormone status and if you raise your dose you may suffer the consequences of hyperthyroidism. I suggest you look elsewhere for cause of fatigue and wt gain. Sleep apnea?

Last updated Jan 30, 2015