Newfoundland, PA

I have been taking levothyroxine 150 mcg for my hypothyroid and recently had blood work done. my tsh was 0.02 and my t4 reflexive was 1.59 normal?

Pathology 49 years experience
See below: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your TSH level is low enough to suggest that your dose of levothyroxine may need to be lowered. However, do not change the dose without discussing it with your doctor. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Pathology 49 years experience
Provided original answer
Wish you good health!
Jan 31, 2018

Last updated Feb 5, 2018