Pain when i bite down after getting a filling? i got a new filling two weeks ago, the third one i've had total. with this filling though, there's some pain every time i bite down. should i go back to the dentist and get this checked out?

4 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Zev Kaufman answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Cosmetic

You : You absolutely should go see your dentist right away. All you might need is just a small adjustment. However, if i left untouched it will create a much bigger problems in the future.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Your : Your bite sensitivity can be anything from a minor bite adjustment to a "loosening" of the bonding adhesive--you must get it checked.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Absolutely. : Absolutely. The most likely scenario is that the filling is high and causing you to be sore everytime you put pressure on it (bite). I would get to the dentist as quickly as possible to relieve this issue by simply polishing down the filling. There is a chance that more work may be needed but get to your dentist to have him/her evaluate it!

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Neil McLeod answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Pain : Pain the just a sign that something is wrong, please don't delay seeing seeing your dentist.. I suspect that you might have a high filling. Let your dentist advice you. Dr neil mcleod dds dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views