will chin liposuction leave me with loose skin in my neck? or will the skin shrink back on its own after the chin liposuction procedure?

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery 21 years experience
Depending : Depending on your age and skin elasticity the skin can shrink wrap back down after liposuction. In patients who have skin that we are concerned that the skin won't shrink back properly a facelift or necklift may be warranted to optimize the final result.
Dr. Joseph Mele
Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
How's your elastin?: That is always the question when iposuction is considered. Most the time a gentle pinch or stretch of the skin will tell me all i need to know. The more elastic and thicker the skin, the better it shrinks. Individual results will vary, and rarely "good" skin sags and "poor" skin shrinks. The best guess comes from a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Dr. BHARAT Shah
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
It depends on you: It really depends on your skin elasticity and the amount of fat that will be removed. If the skin is very elastic, it will shrink to fit after lipo . If not, the loose skin will be evident.
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
It depends: It depends on how is your current skin tone. If you have thick young skin, it will retract after surgery. But if you have thin loose skin with wrinkles, it may get worse.
Dr. Lara Devgan
Plastic Surgery 14 years experience
Chin liposuction: Submental liposuction (or microliposculpture) is a minimally invasive technique for removing excess deposits of fat under the chin. It can improve the look of a double chin, make the angle between your chin and neck more attractive, and define your jawline. It is not a neck lift, though, so it will not address extra loose skin, neck bands, or facial sagging. Scarring can help skin shrink back.

Last updated Jan 29, 2017