What happens if the doctor removes too much fat during my chin liposuction? i've heard one possible result from chin liposuction is hollow areas or dents in your neck from taking out too much fat. is there a way to fix it if it happens?

8 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

It : It is possible to try to do fat grafting in situations like this. Obviously, it's best to avoid the problem altogether. This is done by ensuring that a thin layer of fat is left on the skin flap during the procedure.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Michael Edwards answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

The : The risk of contour defects after liposuction exists anywhere there is treatment. If there is a defect or hollowing, they can be difficult to treat. Treatment involves either fat grafting to the hollow areas or to liposuction the areas around it. I hope this helps. Dr. Edwards.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Richard Fleming answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

First : First of all, select a board certified surgeon who is experienced in this procedure. If by chance too much is removed, the best treatment for this complication would be fat augmentation.

Answered 5/8/2019

5.5k views

Dr. Azita Madjidi answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

That's right : You could have a depression under the chin, skin adhesion or wrinkling of the skin, if not done properly.

Answered 4/28/2020

5.2k views

Dr. Lara Devgan answered

Specializes in

Possible: Chin or submental liposuction is a minimally invasive technique to define the jawline by removing excess fat and the appearance of a double chin. It can improve the contour of the cervicomental angle and reduce the appearance of a double chin. Risks include bleeding, infection, nerve injury, irregular contour, scarring, and need for revision. If revision is needed, fat grafting can be done.

Answered 5/28/2015

4.9k views