U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Deatsville, AL
A 32-year-old female asked:

I have hep c from transfusion at birth. blood levels alt 131, ggt 235, ast 29, billrubin 0.5 - should i worry about my liver? never drink or do drugs.

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tarik Hadid
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology 19 years experience
Yes: Yes. Hepatitis c often turn to liver cirrhosis and cancer. I recommend that you get treated as there are now several drugs to treat hepatitis c..
Dr. Raj Borade
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology 20 years experience
Yes: Hi, your alt levels are high that implies that your liver is getting damaged .Depending upon the subtype of the hep c virus ; the stage of liver damage , you could be offered treatment, which could be potentially curable. See a hepatologist or GI who takes care of liver diseases urgently as new potent medications have recently come on the market. Make sure you are vaccinated for hep b.Best of luck.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 14, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.