I have hep c from transfusion at birth. blood levels alt 131, ggt 235, ast 29, billrubin 0.5 - should i worry about my liver? never drink or do drugs.

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Tarik Hadid answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

Yes: Yes. Hepatitis c often turn to liver cirrhosis and cancer. I recommend that you get treated as there are now several drugs to treat hepatitis c..

Answered 8/14/2015

4.3k views

Dr. Raj Borade answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

Yes: Hi, your alt levels are high that implies that your liver is getting damaged .Depending upon the subtype of the hep c virus ; the stage of liver damage , you could be offered treatment, which could be potentially curable. See a hepatologist or GI who takes care of liver diseases urgently as new potent medications have recently come on the market. Make sure you are vaccinated for hep b.Best of luck.

Answered 8/14/2015

4.3k views