everytime i get up from laying down or sitting down i get lightheaded, (dizzy) and sometimes it throws my balance off. im 29 yea i have had orthopedic surgery (wrist) 12/2011 and nuerosurgery (lower back) 5/2007 the type of lighthead that i get is that fe

Dr. Laura McMullen
Orthostatic : Orthostatic hypotension is a condition where you have low blood pressure upon changing positions (such as standing from a lying position) causing lightheadedness and faintness. It is usually harmless and does not require treatment. If you have actually lost consciousness, it could be something more serious and you should get checked right away. I have linked to a site below with more in-depth information. To know for certain whether you have orthostatic hypotension, your doctor will want to check your heart rate and blood pressure while you are laying down, then sitting, and then finally standing. Give your doctor a call for an exam. Good luck!
Dr. Peter Tomasello
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
See below: What you're describing is a condition called orthostatic hypotension. There can be many different reasons why your having this . You should have a thorough history and physical done by your medical physician good luck thank you.