NY

does everyone get lightheaded after laying down / sitting for a while abs getting up quickly? is this normal? i get a bit dizzy vision fades out a tiny bit like a blood rush to my head or something? normal ultrasound heart and ekg few monthss back?

Dr. Steven Simon
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 38 years experience
No, not common: Yours is not common. Talk with your doc about these symptoms and review meds which may delay a ‘normal’ cardiac response to position change. In the interim, in similar situations: tighten abs before and after sitting up and sit for a bit before standing. Since you had a normal ECG, then it seems heart itself is not the problem here. Compression hose have also helped.