I am working out and really watching what i eat, why am i not losing weight i just started 3 weeks ago and i been really busting my but why can't i drop weight, i been big all my life and i hate it, what am i doing wrong?

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Keep : Keep up the good work. It may be a month or two before you see results. Also, the fact is that in order to lose weight, we have to burn more calories than we eat. I recommend keeping a food diary to track how much you are eating. It is also recommended that you record your workouts. After some time, if you still are ot seeing results, have a personal trainer assess what you have been doing. Keep the following in mind: 1. Don't under-eat. If you body thinks it is starving, it will retain body fat 2. Drink plenty of water 3. Make sure you do a combination of cardiovascular exercise and weight training. Weight training helps build muscle. As your muscles heal from the workout, you burn caloreis all day long 4. Keep a record of your food intake and exercise activity 5. Get lots of rest - atlleast 8 hours of sleep good work - keep it up.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Keith Joe
20 years experience
Patience: It can take time but would still look really closely at your eating habits. When you work out a lot, you will likely feel hungry as your body is burning more calories. The increase in appetite can lead to consuming more calories. Really need to ensure that you are burning more calories than you are taking in and you will lose weight: cut back on carbohydrates..Focus lean protein, fresh veggies.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016