Gadsden, AL

how long does metformin take to start working . i've been on it two weeks. i have pcos and type 1 diabetes and am worried about my blood sugar.?

Dr. Charles A Bryant
Endocrinology 49 years experience
Type 1 Diabetes: If you indeed have type 1 diabetes you need Insulin to control your blood sugar since you do not have the ability to make Insulin on your own. You should discuss this with your physician.
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
See your doctor: If you have type 1 diabetes, you will need Insulin as your treatment, not metformin. Metformin is an excellent drug for type 2 diabetes but the mainstay treatment for type 1 is insulin. Please discuss this with your doctor.