U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 52-year-old male asked:

Taking glyburide/metformin for type 2 diabetes. on a ketogenic diet. avid bicyclist. worried about meds causingn blood sugar drops on my bike ride.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Xin-Nong Li
41 years experience
Hypoglycemia : I understand your concerning of hypoglycemia. You need to try to increase your physical activities that can improve your diabetic condition. If you find the blood sugar drop, you can consult your doctor to adjust your medication.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 3, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.