U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old male asked:

I have a small hard ball inside one of my ear lobes and i have my ears pierced, i want to know what it could possibly be and how to get rid of it ?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 34 years experience
Ear Cysts: Benign cysts, such as sebaceous cysts, can develop on the earlobe, resulting in pain or discomfort. According to the national library of medicine, sebaceous cysts result from a collection of dead skin cells and oil produced in the oil glands of the skin and can develop on the earlobe or even inside the ear canal.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 2, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.