U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

Small hard ball in earlobe showed up within two days.i have my ears pierced, but it's not on the piercing. it hurts when i touch it. is this a cyst?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
Acne: Usually this is acne deep in the skin. A dermatologist might inject cortisone to shrink it and reduce inflammation.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 22, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.