I got my ear lobes pierced 2 months ago. one of them just started to bleed for the first time yesterday?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jana Tomsky Corvalan answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Ear lobe may be healing a while after piercing . Make sure you clean it ( alcohol wipe), use gold only.( other metal can cause reaction). If hurts , red , swollen .. probably infectef and can bleed. Or if you forcefully try to put earring in..Try cold compress, Neosporin on earring to glide in .. if redness spreading see your doctor immediately.

Answered Mar 12, 2016

1.5k views

Dr. Robert Kwok answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

If the piercing has a "friable spot" (a spot that is not healing well, and is easy to start bleeding when irritated), that spot could bleed if one tries to take out an earring or put an earring in. A primary care doctor can take a look to see what is going on.

Answered Jul 6, 2018

1.5k views