Colorado Springs, CO

My ultrasound showed a cyst on my right ovary but also said my uterus was heterogeneous. what does that mean and what causes it, if anything?

Dr. Carolyn Thompson
30 years experience
Not unusual: "heterogeneous" just means that the uterine wall has some areas that look different from other areas on imaging (as opposed to "homogeneous, " which means that the whole uterus looks the same across the board). Sometimes it means that a woman has fibroids or adenomyosis, but it is usually not concerning. Your doc can tell you how that finding applies to you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 14, 2022