Newton, MA

Last weeks ultrasounds showed left ovarian cyst and fluid in uterus. no right ovary was visualized and i don't think it was the 2 times prior in 2013. should i be concerned?

Dr. Nathan Lilya
Ultrasounds: Ovaries can be difficult to identify if there is a good amount of inflammation in the area, gas, fluid, etc. They tend to blend in to their surroundings, unless you have a really good ultrasound machine. Next time you go in, ask the tech to identify the ovary for you, and you'll see what I mean; in some cases it is very subtle. I would discuss with your doctor. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2015