i had gallbladder removal a week ago, and i still hurt badly. there is a very hard spot on my abdomen b/w incisions that feels hot. is this normal?

2 doctor answers
Dr. George Valdez
Specializes in Family Medicine
Maybe: It's really difficult to determine if it's normal healing without examining in person. If it gets worse and worse prior to your follow up appointment, i would get it checked sooner or go to the er after hours.
Answered on Jul 24, 2013
4
Dr. David Earle
31 years experience General Surgery
Maybe: It is normal for the area under an incision to get hard for the first couple weeks. If the skin is red, have your surgeon check it out asap. It could be an infection.
Answered on Sep 7, 2019
2